Named after the schools in the area, Cory-Merrill was once part of the Town of South Denver (which had boundaries along the South Platte River, Alameda Avenue, Colorado Boulevard and Yale Avenue). It was founded in 1858 to be a dry town because its citizens didn’t like the saloons that had taken over Denver.
Today, our Cory-Merrill neighborhood is changing rapidly. Eight of the 24 homes on our block have already been scraped. Also the five-year rebuild of Interstate-25 is finished, giving the neighborhood light rail service. Cory-Merrill’s central location between downtown and the Tech Center has made it hot!